Staff RF Characterization Engineer
Industry: Radio Frequency
Location: San Diego, United States
Employment type: Permanent
Job descriptionOUR CLIENT
Builds on 30-year legacy of technology advancements and strong IP portfolio but with a new mission— to enhance world-class capabilities with high-performance semiconductors. With a strong foundation in RF integration, their product portfolio now spans power management, connected sensors, optical transceivers, antenna tuning and RF frontends.
These intelligent and efficient semiconductors enable advanced modules for smartphones, base stations, personal computers, electric vehicles, data centers, IoT devices and healthcare. From headquarters in San Diego and offices around the world, team explores new ways to make electronics for the connected world smaller, thinner, faster, and better
The Staff RF Characterization Engineer is responsible for validating leading edge RF Integrated Circuits, developing of measurement systems of RFICs for mobile wireless and commercial/industrial applications, focusing on test solutions for mobile RF Front End ICs such as RF switches, LNAs, and Power Amplifiers. The job requires expertise in RF and analog measurements to ensure that projects are accurately characterized prior to release, combined with disciplined project planning to ensure that schedules are met. The Staff Characterization Engineer will be expected to manage the project schedules, generate system specifications, and create effective measurement solutions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDE
- Characterization: Work close with product designers to develop, evaluate and maintain optimum characterization plans for new product development. In addition to the characterization process, these include standard for conditions, quantities, and inprocess QA criteria as a function of parameter types.
- Data Analysis Standards: Develop, evaluate, and maintain data analysis standards covering statistical limit setting (including methods for aggregating statistics), yield prediction tools (Cpk analysis), tools and formats as a function of the parameter type.
- Characterization Infrastructure: Design and development of software and hardware for design validation, performance optimization, characterization, and production test of RFICs. Analysis and development of optimization techniques for rapid characterization and test.
- Analysis Tool Development: Develop characterization and test data analysis tools to streamline characterization (CPK analysis) and improve ATE capability understanding (GR&R)
- Status Reporting: Be a technical leader through strong example and training of more junior engineers and provide continuous status updated to upper management and stakeholder
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Equivalent; MSEE preferred
- Ability to analyze RF systems for accurate measurement of large signal RF Front ends
- Proficient in schematic capture, RF system integration and PCB design experience
- Detailed knowledge of the follow components: RF switches, PAs, LNAs, PLLs, Mixers and filters
- Proficiency in software tools such as ADS and software for test development (Matlab, C#, LabVIEW, Python, NI TestStand)
- Expert in the analysis and troubleshooting and investigating RF related issues on systems and PCB assemblies
- Familiarity with Vector Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators and Power Meters
- RF Test Experience: Gain; S-Parameter; P1dB; IP2/IP3; Phase Noise; Noise Figure
- Experience with automating lab instruments and optimizing measurements for speed
- Knowledge of analog and RF IC design for commercial applications in bulk and/or SOI CMOS technologies
- Knowledge of system level aspects of modern cellular handsets and networks
- Strong team player with demonstrated out-of-the-box thinking and driving tasks to completion
- Fundamental understanding of non-linear measurements and system noise performance
- Critical Thinking: Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
- Working with Ambiguity: Achieves forward progress in the face of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work effectively with limited or partial information
- Displaying Technical Expertise: Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
- Driving for Results: Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; will put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work
- Delivering High Quality Work: Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality; addresses problems that could impact quality; makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations; does not make the same mistakes twice
- Familiarity with RFFE MIPI, I2C and SPI digital interfaces
- Familiarity with mmWave 5G Technology
- Blind phase acquisition techniques
We are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this vacancy to our client ASAP, for more information please send your CV at [email protected]