SMPS Senior Design Engineer
Location: Devon, United Kingdom
Employment type: Permanent
Job descriptionThe Client
Our client is a trusted world-class organization through a history of providing reliable and innovative power supplies. They focus on demanding markets in automotive, industrial and consumer electronics, and information and communication technology. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2022, they posted total sales of USD 15.6 billion and employed about 117,000 people worldwide.
The company has an ambitious schedule for introduction of their new range of power supplies and the successful applicant will be working in a dynamic and friendly team environment, focused on delivery of these products to manufacturing and the marketplace. The technologies they are using are state of the art and technical performance of their products is key to their continuing success.
Overview of the Role
This is an opportunity for a Senior Electronics Engineer to join our clients progressive and successful development organisation. They have four teams of engineers developing a variety of power supplies and this vacancy is in their specialist power supply design team, where they design power supplies from 100w up to 20kw.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering or Engineering discipline.
- 8+ years in PSU design covering a variety of topologies including buck, boost, half or full bridge.
- Design of resonant power stages.
- Design of PFC circuits.
- Must have designed magnetics for transformers and chokes.
- Good grounding in principles of PSU design
- Knowledge of available components, their performance, and suppliers
- Knowledge of PCB design rules and industry standards of workmanship
- Ability to design PSU from scratch inc magnetics design and PCB layout supervision. Ideally will be able to carry out control loop stabilisation, thermal management and EMC design and problem solving.
- Able to bring up new designs and devise test programs and carry them out. Fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Able to work within a team but show leadership when required
- Relevant MSc / PhD
- LLC desirable and resonant stages desirable
- Preferable knowledge of digital control and software
- Experience of contact cooling
- Experience of leading smaller projects
- Experience of working in a multi-site environment. Able to field and deal with customer enquiries
For interested applicants, kindly send your cv to [email protected] cc: [email protected]