Sensor AMS ASIC Design
Location: Chennai, Asia Pac
Location: Chennai, India
Employment type: Permanent
Built on a 30-year legacy of technology advancements and a strong IP portfolio, but with a new mission— to enhance its world-class capabilities with high-performance semiconductors. With a strong foundation in RF integration, their product portfolio now spans power management, connected sensors, optical transceivers, antenna tuning, and RF frontends.
These intelligent and efficient semiconductors enable advanced modules for smartphones, base stations, personal computers, electric vehicles, data centers, IoT devices, and healthcare. From headquarters in San Diego and offices around the world, the team explores new ways to make electronics for the connected world smaller, thinner, faster, and better.
This position focuses on the design of CMOS ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuits) for ultra-low power consumption sensor module applications. The product line includes ultra-low power consumption, compact, high-performance sensors for barometric pressure, magnetic, gas, gyro, and accelerometers.
The candidate will support the IC components portion during the entire product life cycle from product definition through product release to end-of-life. The candidate will also contribute to advanced development by both creating new product families and improving existing ones. The individual must have demonstrated experience in sensor ASIC system and circuit analysis, design, test, product development, and mass production product releases. As part of a cross-functional product development team, the candidate will support other essential disciplines including marketing and applications, project management, characterization, production, and test engineering.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDES
- Product Design and Evaluation: Develop CMOS frontends platform products, responsible for all aspects of design schematic capture, IC layout, simulation, package analysis, EVBs and Test plan creation and validation
- Project Leadership: Lead cross-functional teams to achieve complex product development goals
- Product Documentation: Document all relevant product and design information to educate others on novel design techniques and provide guidance on product usage.
- Product Characterization: Work with Characterization and Test Engineers to define, conduct and analyze data from product performance characterization.
- Production ATE Development: Work with Test Engineers to define, develop and ramp production ATE solutions.
- Product Support: Work with Applications, Product, Test and Manufacturing Engineers to help answer customer questions, assess field failures, support yield improvements, etc.
- Technology Development: Work with Technologists to define the technology roadmap, addressing the performance and functional requirements of the product roadmap.
- Mentorship:Be a technical leader through strong example and training of more junior engineers
- IP Block Characterization:Define, collect, and analyze data from circuit block and product performance characterization. Work with IP block designers and product designers to create characterization plans and evaluate test data
- Characterization Infrastructure Development:Specify test equipment for purchase, create and maintain test setup, develop software for automated testing using LabVIEW and TestStand
- Documentation: Document all relevant characterization information, update IP status tracking information
- Production ATE Development:Work with Test Engineers to define, develop and ramp production ATE solutions
- Product Support: Work with Applications, Product, Test and Manufacturing Engineers to help answer customer questions, assess field failures, support yield improvement
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years of mixed-signal analog IC product development.
- BSEE degree; MSEE preferred
- Understanding of basic analog building blocks like OTAs, LDOs, current mirrors, and voltage/current references.
- Understanding of frequency domain analysis, bode plots, loop stability, gain, and phase margin.
- Strong understanding of noise, mismatch, non-linearity in analog circuits
- Familiarity with analog & digital IC layout techniques with special attention to matching, coupling to critical nets, electro-migration considerations.
- Strong verbal and written communication and ability to work in a team.
- Hands-on experience in silicon validation and debugging.
- Software tools: Cadence, Matlab, any scripting language (Perl/Tcl/Python)
- Understanding of both discrete-time and continuous-time signal processing including z-domain and s-domain analysis
- Understanding of switch-capacitor circuits.
- Understanding of data converters.
- Detailed understanding of MOS device operation and gm/Id design methodologies
- Understanding of layout-dependent effects (WPE,LOD,OSE.PSE) and how to mitigate them for precision circuits
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Critical Thinking: Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
- Working with Ambiguity: Complete assigned tasks with some guidance from more senior engineers
- Displaying Technical Expertise: Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
- Driving for Results: Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; willing to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work
- Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions: Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoid making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides a clear rationale for the decision
We are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this vacancy to our client ASAP, for more information contact Lucy Turingan at PER Recruitment or send your CV at [email protected]