Senior Engineer, Field Applications Engineer
Location: San Jose, United States
Employment type: Permanent
Job descriptionSenior Engineer, Field Applications Engineer
San Jose, California
This position is responsible for providing technical and strategic support to client’s customers for Power Products including charge-pump, capacitor divider and point-of-load DCDC power conversion ICs and PSiP modules for Datacenter, Networking and High-end Consumer applications.
The job covers all aspects of customer engagement, including new product introduction, technical support and general inquiries from customers while providing customer and market feedback to the product line. The position is based in San Jose, California and presents a unique opportunity for the candidate to work closely with an extremely innovative and dynamic team with excellent opportunities for career and personal growth. Reports to the Director of Marketing and Applications for Power Products.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDE
- Providing technical customer support in a designated geographical region. This includes but is not limited to:
- Interfacing with customers to support all design activity
- Reviewing and recommending improvements to existing customer designs
- Collaborating with the Sales team on technical issues and new product applications
- Building relations with lead customers, understand the market trends and provide feedback to product line on new product definitions and improvements.
- Performing advanced measurements in the laboratory to identify and resolve customer issues
- Providing detailed competitive analysis and insights.
- Writing application notes and/or developing reference designs to support customer engagements
- Providing feedback to Marketing and Design Engineering on product improvements and new product definitions
- Staying ahead of current trends within the Power Management industry and related customer implementation plans
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BSEE, or local equivalent, with >3 years in a Power Management environment. MSEE preferred
- >3 years in relevant power management customer support, field applications experience
- Background in Power Management semiconductor and/or module products
- Strong bench-skills and use of test and debug equipment
- Understanding of latest power management architectures, control schemes, and technologies relevant to the focus markets and applications.
- Knowledge of the Power Management competitive environment.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills. Able to quickly establish strong customer relationships, and quickly demonstrate technical competence and deep understanding of power technology.
- Comfortable and confident in fielding detailed technical discussions with power engineers
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills to interact with customers and internal teams
- Responsive, self-driven and directed, with a strong sense of ownership. Persistent, energetic
- Willingness to travel locally on-demand locally to customer site and work with customers directly
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS, PERSONAL TRAITS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Critical Thinking: Able to find logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
- Working with Ambiguity: Achieves forward progress in the face of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work effectively with limited or partial information
- Championing Customer Needs: Calls attention to issues that impact customer satisfaction; views thing from the perspective of customers; encourages people to think about customers when making decisions
- Displaying Technical Expertise: Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
We are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this vacancy to our client ASAP, for more information contact Renz Moreno at PER Recruitment or send your CV at [email protected]