Sales Manager UPS UK
Location: Wigan, United Kingdom
Salary: Very competitive salary and bonus.
Employment type: Permanent
We are a private limited company founded on strong engineering and business principles that couple up to date innovative technology with proven designs. With over 25 years of experience as a major supplier of uninterruptable power products nationally/worldwide, we are one of the UK’s leading DC and AC standby market solutions providers. Our market covers the Power Generation, utilities, process control and industrial industries related to Electricity and Gas markets across the whole of the UK from generation to Distribution Network Operators (DNO).
We have a strong product portfolio from industry standard single and three-phase thyristor-based systems through to switch mode for both standard and bespoke solutions.
2. Key Points of The Role
- Have a basic electrical knowledge of DC and AC UPS battery backup systems.
- Be able to understand the basics of DC and AC Systems and the various battery types as applied to a different application. This would include being capable of understanding wiring and general arrangement diagrams.
- Analyse and evaluate the end user specifications.
- Preparation of technical quotations to meet customer requirements/standards/specifications from telephone or e-mail requirements including quote follow up.
- Site survey visits to review and analyse the customer’s requirements including access, welfare, on-site requirements providing technical support and advice producing reports and generate quotes as required.
- Liaise with our internal design department to produce standard or bespoke products.
- Preparation of or assistance with site risk assessments and method statements as required.
- Customer visits to develop closer business co-operation, discuss new technology and products and/or make sales and technical presentations.
- Be the main focal/contact points for specific customer areas and manage those for existing/ongoing and new projects.
- Battery knowledge is extremely important.
- Business development in both the present and new business-related areas i.e. solar, wind onshore, offshore etc and other industry areas.
- Quarterly sales reports for your area of responsibility.
3. Personal Skills
- Have a recognised electrical engineering qualification at ONC/HND with several years of post-qualification experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sales Skills in order to meet the customers’ needs and our business objectives, with a proven track record.
- Organisational skills.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good business sense and sound judgement.
- An ability to quickly and efficiently build relationships with both customers and key suppliers alike.
4. Hours, Holidays, Benefits
- Hours: basic 38-hour week Monday-Thursday 8:30 to 5:00 pm, Friday 08:30 am to 3:00 pm, however, this position is expected to do additional hours when required. The job may involve occasionally being away from home overnight.
- Holidays: 21 plus 8 bank holidays, increasing to 22 plus the 8 bank holidays after 2 years and 23 plus the 8 after 5 years. There is the option to buy up to 5 days additional holiday under a salary sacrifice scheme.
- A company pension scheme is in place.
- A company car will be provided.
- Death in service is in place at twice the annual salary.
- The candidate will be required to initially attend the office for product training, however, the role will be ‘work-from-home’ based.