RF Test & Development Engineer
Location: Goleta, United States
Employment type: Permanent
Head Of Desk Kariza Rivera
Phone +44 (0) 203 9 606393
Email [email protected]
Job descriptionSenior RF Test and Development Engineer
A leading company (a Murata Company) in RF filter design which transforming the market for RF front-ends (RFFE) and disrupting the RFFE supply chain by enabling customers and partners to deliver 5G filters designed using its WaveX™ software tools platform. WaveX™ allows company’s customers to capitalize on the company’s robust IP portfolio and extensive services offerings. In a market that is critically constrained by limited designers, tools, and capacity, the company addresses these critical problems by providing customers with ever-increasing design efficiency, reduced time to market, and lower unit costs.
Customers leverage company’s disruptive capabilities to design cutting-edge filters and modules, while capitalizing on the added stability of a diverse supply chain through the Company’s Foundry Program fabless ecosystem. Working with this company, customers enhance the connectivity of current mobile devices, while preparing for the demands of emerging 5G applications.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDE
- Develop test systems (hardware and software) and procedures to ensure accurate RF performance characterization.
- Select RF components and equipment for engineering test systems
- Enhance and troubleshoot existing validation infrastructure including test systems and control programs
- Perform RF measurements, analyze data, and report on results
- De-embed testing evaluation board, perform S-parameter measurements using VNA.
- Perform RF testing (e.g. power testing, Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), harmonics testing, etc) analyze data, and report results
- Bachelors’ degree with 7+ years of experience or Masters’ degree with 5+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering
- Strong knowledge of RF/Microwave fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of RF test and measurement
- Hands-on experience with RF lab equipment (Vector Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, Vector Signal Generator, automated tuners, etc.)
- Ability to design, calibrate, and verify RF test setups to characterize filter performance.
- Proficiency with test automation and programing languages
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of wireless communication techniques, familiarity with 5G NR and IEEE 802.11 standards and waveforms
- Experience with LabView
- Experience with acoustic filter or other MEMS devices
- Experience with wafer level RF probing measurements
- Familiarity with RF Front end products and concepts
- Familiarity with Gage repeatability and reproducibility
We are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this vacancy to our client ASAP, for more information contact Kariza R. at PER Recruitment or send your CV at [email protected]