RF Systems Engineer
Location: Cambridge, United States
Employment type: Permanent
Job descriptionRF Systems Engineer
Our client is working to solve the fundamental power challenges in the mobile communications industry based on ground-breaking research by two professors at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Today’s smartphones, wearables, and IoT devices are highly energy inefficient and typically waste most of the power consumed as heat. Our clients’ game-changing Digital Envelope Tracking Technology dramatically reduces energy consumption to significantly extend the battery life of all wireless communication devices. Unlike legacy analog envelope tracking technologies, Digital Envelope Tracking Technology supports new gigabit communication standards for 5G-NR, 5G-mmWave, and WiFi.
The RF Systems Engineer is an expert in our Client’s Digital Supply Modulation technology, working with tier-one platform customers to integrate the technology and contributing to internal system-level R&D. The Systems Engineer can solve complex multi-disciplinary problems spanning across PMIC design, DSP algorithms, cellular platform constraints and requirements, and RF power amplifier optimization. Further, the Systems Engineer can clearly explain both problem and solution internally and in direct customer support. Initial expertise in all these areas is not necessarily required, but a drive and excitement for technical growth is essential.
- Multi-disciplinary R&D for digital supply modulation focused on RF but including PMIC, DSP, and SW aspects
- Create, direct, execute, and document test plans for cellular front-end
- Interact directly with customer for integration, test, and development
- Highly organized, create and maintain documentation and results
- Provide technical direction on the RF team, mentor engineers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- MSEE or PhD with 5+ Years of experience
- Cellular RF transmit components, specifically RF power amplifier
- Envelope tracking system for RF PA
- Digital pre-distortion for RF PA
- FR1 (sub-6GHz) and FR2 (mmW) frequencies
- Capable with standard RF lab equipment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The company offers industry-leading compensation and benefits with 401k matching, four weeks of paid vacation, flexible work arrangements where possible, medical/dental/vision/legal/life/disability insurance, wellness benefits, and more.
We are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this vacancy to our client ASAP, for more information contact Renz Moreno at PER Recruitment or send your CV at [email protected] / [email protected]