Location: Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Employment type: Permanent
Job descriptionPCB Engineer
Our client, a Green Tech innovative company with very strong financial backing from one High Net Worth individual investor whose main interest to invest in technology that is good for people and the environment rather than looking for an exit strategy.
The initial product designed is an innovative AC power distribution system that has great potential in many verticals. Initially this technology was trialled at NASA back in the 1960’s. It utilises GaN and SiC materials. The designs are currently under wraps until all the critical patents are filed and then the website will follow. Currently employing 9 and looking to recruit a further 8.
Ground breaking technology, exciting prospects with an early stage company aiming to be the next ‘Apple’ in the power industry. Could this be the opportunity for you that will fire your design skills further?
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDE
• Provide technical guidance in developing new PCB designs and updating existing designs.
• Develop PCB layouts, perform component placements and determine wire routings.
• Verify existing designs and recommend improvements.
• Recommend new design concepts and validate the concept feasibility using circuit simulations.
• Prepare design documentations, requirements specifications and PCB models.
• Prepare test specifications and test procedures and develop test fixtures.
• Perform PCB design testing and analyze test results.
• Assist in preparation of project schedules, budget and risks.
• Monitor and report project status to Manager on regular basis.
• Attend project meetings to discuss about project progress and issues.
• Ensure that project deliverables meet customer expectations.
• Propose process improvements to ensure PCB functionality, quality and reliability.
• Perform project updates according to changing customer requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Degree or equivalent within a Engineering/Electronics based subject
• 5+ years’ experience in PCB layout designs and creating documentation for PCB’s and PCB assemblies
• Extensive knowledge in using Altium schematic capture and layout creation layout tools
• PCB layout experience within a design role
• SMPS (switch mode power supplies) – knowledge of layout techniques
• Experience with standard concepts, practices, and procedures with high power designs
• Knowledge of PCB manufacturing process
• Experience with RF schematic circuit design
• Attention to detail
• Efficient and pleasant communication skills
• Highly flexible
• Strong personality capable to work in a team environment
• Winning personality who can motivate people
• Likes challenges
We are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this vacancy to our client ASAP, for more information contact Thomas Warren at PER Recruitment or send your CV at [email protected] and cc [email protected]