Firmware Design Engineer (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Location: Amsterdam, Europe
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Employment type: Permanent
Job descriptionFirmware Design Engineer
Our client’s new EV Charger Business Unit builds on their 50-year legacy of innovation in the Power Electronics industry. Founded in Taiwan in 1972, our client rapidly grew to become an international powerhouse in the industry and, today, they generate over $420m in sales and have 6000 employees.
This new business unit represents the next evolution of our client as they work to develop the infrastructure that will usher in the Age of Electric Vehicles.
Headquartered in Amsterdam and with manufacturing in Taiwan, the Business Unit is offering both ACDC and DCDC charging solutions and has established relationships with the major EV manufacturers of both commercial and personal vehicles and the Charge Point Operators (CPOs) and are supported by a network of Business and Service Partners across the EMEA region.
Why Join Us?
This is an opportunity to join an “incubator” business with the dynamism of a start-up and the financial security of an enterprise company in an industry that not only represents the future of the world but also works to make the world a better, greener place.
Their new business unit will operate with considerable autonomy, and they are developing a new brand and image that underscores this.
Their 50-year legacy in Power Electronics places them in a select group of companies that has the knowledge to develop the challenging DC-DC Fast Chargers and they have leveraged this technical knowledge to develop and manufacture the entire charging solution – the power module, firmware, and Control Supervisor Unit (CSU) - in contrast to the majority of their competitors.
Their technical superiority means they have far greater control of the production process and can readily adapt their sales offering to the changing market needs and their focus on staff training will mean this technical knowledge is imparted to you; equipping you with the skills needed to compete in the world of tomorrow.
Overview of the Role
Reporting to the Service & Engineering Manager, the Firmware Design Engineer selected will be key to the acceleration of firmware development and innovation in the Research and Development team for existing and future EV Power Solutions within the company.
Key Responsibilities & Activities Include
- Support sourcing of system solutions. Determine technical approach and evaluate the software development and integration tasks.
- Contribute to all phases of the software development cycle including requirements, prototyping, design, implementation, and verification etc. Summarize the technical and development process status on a regular basis and report to management.
- Selecting the optimum hardware and firmware solution to meet performance, cost, reliability, and schedule targets.
- Liaising with cross-functional teams to facilitate the design process
- Providing post-release support to the internal and external teams
- Assess third-party and open-source software
- Support test engineering team in the validation of software/firmware.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 3+ years of valid experience in embedded firmware/software engineering.
- Experience in Embedded Linux development environment.
- Must know C/C++programming in embedded system.
- Must know UART/RS-232/RS485/CAN/I2C/SPI/Ethernet interface.
- Familiar with internet relevant knowledge.
- Must have proven ability to troubleshoot complex system level problems extending beyond specific areas of expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English required, Mandarin is advantageous.
For interested applicants, kindly send your cv to [email protected] cc: [email protected]