Firmware and Software Development Leader (Wexford, Ireland)
Location: Wexford, Europe
Location: Wexford, Ireland
Employment type: Permanent
Job descriptionFirmware and Software Development Leader (Wexford, Ireland)
A leading power supply specialist with more than 35 years of experience designing and manufacturing high-quality DC/DC and AC/DC power conversion products. They are developing power supplies for Industrial, IT, Household, Medical, Electro-mobility, and Solar Applications in Wexford and Cork/ Ireland and have a manufacturing facility in China, Taiwan, and Ireland. Its mission is to provide customers with optimal power supply solutions in terms of performance, quality, and cost for their applications.
They want to strengthen their team with a Design Support, Test, and Verification Engineer, who will be able to test and verify the performance of power supplies during the early design stage in support of the principal design engineer.
Are you a successful candidate who will effectively troubleshoot and modify newly designed products?
They have a flat and small size organization with an international and multicultural environment that empower employees through unique opportunity to learn technical subjects in depth. They offer a competitive salary and bonus system. Good work-life balance with flexible working hours. They also contribute to sustainable development through technology and make tangible things with visible results quickly.
Overview of the Role
In this role, the successful candidate will be expected to develop the embedded software for Power supplies and other Power Electronics systems as a designer but also as a leader who will be responsible for the quality of the developments and for keeping the company at a state of the art in terms of the development process. The candidate will also be responsible for the automated test software, R&D intranet and associated applications, Linux servers, and databases.
KEY Responsibilities and activities include
- Develop embedded software for Power supplies or other Power Electronics systems (Digital Power Control, Battery Management, Communication bus such as CAN, LIN, I2C…)
- Translate a control concept proposed by the lead designer into C code or assemble code
- Embedded Software Design Authority
- Lead a team of contributors
- Develop new features for the Digital Power Control platform, improve the existing features
- Accountable for the embedded software development process and quality
- Support LabVIEW automated programming
- Intranet application programming
- Maintenance of Linux servers, Access database
- A Master's degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering is an advantage
- Expertise in embedded software development (Microchip, Texas Instrument microcontrollers)
- Expertise in quality management of the software/firmware development process
- Design authority and leadership in Software/Firmware development
- Good understanding of automated test system driven by LabView / Phyton
- Good understanding of intranet, web programming, Linux server, Access database
- Autonomous and self-motivated
- Attention to detail
- Effective and pleasant communication skills
- High flexibility
- Speak with data
- San Gen Shugi's attitude
For interested applicants, kindly send your cv to [email protected]
cc: [email protected]