Field Application Engineer (FAE)
Location: Bayern, Europe
Location: Bayern, Germany
Employment type: Permanent
Job descriptionField Application Engineer (FAE)
Based in Germany, the Netherlands or Belgium
Our client is a successful and fast-growing designer and manufacturer of innovative Power and EMI/EMC/RF filter solutions for demanding applications worldwide.
The FAE is primarily responsible for providing technical and application support to customers for the business. The FAE will also support Power Supplies, with the assistance of our Power Supplies FAEs. This is to assist in the selection of the appropriate solutions for their requirements, resolve customer issues, and develop requirements in pursuit of new business development. The candidate will work with the design engineers, marketing personnel and the field sales team to accomplish these objectives.
The FAE will ideally be located within their assigned region and work out of a home office. Travel is expected to average 60% within territory on a weekly basis, plus around 10% out of region within or outside of Europe, as the need arises.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDE
- Assist customers to understand all products and showcase field applications.
- Provide technical support to customers and participate in technical customer meetings.
- Work with the customer on design opportunities in order to position the business and convey our value proposition to set us apart from competitors.
- Coordinate with Research and Development team, identify issues and resolve same.
- Train partner FAEs to sell the solution value proposition and address customer needs.
- Work with local channel partner branches to identify and develop opportunities.
- Assist the quotation process developing appropriate technical proposals.
- Execute the conversion of opportunities into wins.
- Analyze applications and recommend expert advice for same.
- Maintain knowledge on industry trends and resolve design issues.
- Proactively interface and communicate with internal stakeholders (e.g. Engineering, Product Management) to build and maintain strong relationships to achieve the customer deliverables and to provide regular project status updates.
- Proactively interface and communicate with the customer to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to solder and rework to modify existing designs to meet new requirements
- Bench testing of existing products including setups with the thermal chambers.
- Support customer equipment testing for compliance.
- Assist with product marketing materials and datasheets.
- Electronic or Electrical Engineering degree along with prior EMI Filter application experience.
- Experience with EMI and Power Electronics
- Experience with Engineering Project Management
- Strong system and circuit troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communications skills and desire to interact with customers
- Agency compliance (UL, CSA, VDE, CE) experience
- Component soldering skills
- The successful candidate must possess an analytical mind-set and attack problems with great curiosity and attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively in English and German. Dutch or French desirable.
- Become a key contributor to our strategic expansion in Europe
- Competitive salary and sales incentive plan
- Provides opportunities for employee involvement, growth, and development
- Provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants
We are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this vacancy to our client ASAP, for more information contact Jacqui Grimwood at PER Recruitment or send your CV at [email protected]