Design Engineer UPS
Location: Leigh, United Kingdom
Salary: Very competitive salary and bonus.
Employment type: Permanent
We are an OEM design and manufacturing facility in the North of the UK. We produce both AC and DC protection and control backup systems for blue-chip organisations and utilities companies.
We are looking for a self-motivated, conscientious individual to assist in the Design of standard and special products for both DC and AC standby systems. Qualified to HND or equivalent or with suitable experience.
The main purpose of the job is outlined in the following points: -
- The Design and Preparation of Parts Lists and Drawings, for both Mechanical and Electrical aspects from customer specification and orders in a ‘cost effective’ manner. This involves the use of Excel and AutoCAD.
- To prepare Installation/Operation/Maintenance manuals for the equipment designed this will involve using Word.
- To support the test department in trouble shooting/problem solving on production problems/equipment repair.
- To project-manage each job to ensure Parts Lists/Drawings/Manuals are prepared in adequate time to meet: -
- PE production and customer due date requirements.
- The Customers contract requirements for drawings and manuals.
- To ensure ‘As Built’ drawings and manuals are prepared to ensure they are ready for delivery.
- To draw the circuit diagram, provide notes to the drawing office for the mechanical design, then check to customer requirements once drawn.
- Once projects are complete, to break down production files and update master Part Lists and drawings to avoid repeat production problems.
- To undertake site visits to both support sales requirements and customer design requirements.