Location: San Diego, United States
Employment type: Permanent
Head Of Desk Kariza Rivera
Phone +44 (0) 203 9 606393
Email [email protected]
Job descriptionProduct Engineer
San Diego, CA
We’re looking for an open-minded, talented Product Engineer to be part of a versatile team, that performs both project development work and operational sustaining work. The test operations organization supports the product throughout the entire product life cycle, from product concept through end of life.
The Product Engineer is responsible for developing portions of the characterization and qualification plans as well as the manufacturing flow and strategy. During the silicon evaluation phase, works closely with the Test Engineer to develop a characterization program and to determine the performance of the device. As the device enters production, work closely with the production facilities to transfer the application to the production site and work on any sustaining issues as needed.
The Product Engineer is expected to work across multiple organizations and disciplines.
• Read and understand test documentation such as board schematics and part datasheets
• Set up test board and fixtures along with standard lab equipment to implement test procedures
• Take bench measurements and organize/analyze data
• Develop sections of characterization and qualification plans
• Assist in the development of Qualification hardware
• Create and maintain product documentation
• Maintain a project schedule and budget
• Assist in the manufacturing strategy and cost assessment of the products
• Work on sections of characterization for the new products as well as resolve any yield-limiting issues
• Work with outside vendors as required
• Assist test engineering to bring up and support of test program at overseas vendors
• Support Test Engineer, FA, and QA team for production qualification and customer issues
• Learn, know, and maintain test programs
SKILLS & EDUCATION
• BS in Electrical Engineering is required
• 5+ years of experience in digital and analog semiconductor circuits
• Ability to provide data analysis of bench and/or ATE data
• Understanding of schematics and debugging of PC boards
• Soldering experience
• Experience building PCB boards and circuits
• Established and proven analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve complex technical problems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience and interest in precision machining, wood working, or something similar.
• Must be comfortable working independently with little oversight on a day-to-day basis.
• Drive For Results
• Continuous Improvement
• Managing Through Systems
• Problem Solving
• Organizational Agility
• Process management
• Time management
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Learning On The Fly
We are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this vacancy to our client ASAP, for more information contact Kariza R. at PER Recruitment or send your resume at [email protected].