RFmmWave Design Engineer
Industry: Radio Frequency
Location: San Diego, United States
Employment type: Permanent
Job descriptionRFmmWave Design Engineer
San Diego / Chicago / Austin / New Hampshire
This will focus on the research and development of high-performance RF/MMICs ranging from 2 to 60 GHz. The individual will have a unique, broad, and excellent understanding of IC design practices, covering a broad range of IC techniques and circuit types. The engineer will work independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and will do concept and feasibility study, design and develop RF/ MMIC circuit blocks.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Product Design and Evaluation: Schematic Capture, IC layout, Simulation, Design Validation.
- Product Design Documentation: Document all relevant product and design information to educate others on novel design techniques and provide guidance on product usage.
- Product Characterization: Define, conduct and analyze data from product performance characterization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Physics, or related field
- 3+ years of IC design experience in Semiconductor industry
- Experience with S parameter design and measurement methods and Matching techniques
- Experience with transistor level IC design and layout in at least one and preferably more of the technology node:
- Bulk CMOS, CMOS-SOI, SiGe-CMOS, GaAs, GaN
- Understanding of the comparative advantage and tradeoffs between the different processes.
- Experience with RF and MMIC design – with expertise gained in at-least one or more areas:
- RF switches, power amplifiers, LNA, VCO, mixers, couplers, combiners
- RF System Knowledge, Link Budget analysis
- Knowledge of IC fabrication and how this impacts circuit performance
- Good understanding of non-linear effects in transistors
- Knowledge of basic analog Bias and control circuits and their impact on overall RF system
- Experience with EM (Electromagnetic) modelling of High Frequency Circuit
- IC Tape-out and measurement experience
- Collaboration: Works jointly with other team members and departments on intellectual projects
- Critical Thinking: Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
- Working with Ambiguity: Achieves forward progress in the face of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work effectively with limited or partial information.
- Displaying Technical Expertise: Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
- Driving for Results: Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; will to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work
- Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions: Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for decisions
We are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this vacancy to our client ASAP, for more information contact Renz Moreno at PER Recruitment or send your CV at [email protected] / [email protected]